|born on||19 November 1920 at 17:15 (= 5:15 PM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°18' 09°34 Asc. 10°22'|
American actress onscreen 1940-1965 with over 36 movies. Starting on stage in 1940, she was signed by 20th Century Fox after being seen onstage by Darryl Zanuck. She settled into a film career of mainly lead roles, with her most noted being "Laura," "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" and "Leave Her to Heaven" which won her an Oscar nomination.
She married Oleg Cassini in 1941and they had two daughters. Their first daughter was born mentally handicapped due to an illness of German measles during the pregnancy. After an affair with Aly Khan, she suffered a mental breakdown in 1954 and had several lengthy periods of chronic depression. In 1960 she married oilman H.H. Lee and was widowed in 1981.
Her memoirs were published in the autobiography "Self Portrait" released in 1979. Tierney died of emphysema 11/06/1991 Houston, TX.
- spouse relationship with Cassini, Oleg (born 11 April 1913)
Dana Holliday from Church of Light: Same date in Photoplay Album 1952 and Information Please 1969.
Sabian Symbols No.901 gives November 19, 1920. Wikipedia and other web sources give 19th.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Emphysema (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (German measles when pregnant)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown (1954)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Daughter born mentally handicapped)
- Personal : Death : Suicide Attempt
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women