|born on||16 July 1949 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Detroit, Michigan, 42n20, 83w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°54' 08°17 Asc. 11°42'|
American news figure who ran into a great deal of bad press in the late '90s. At that time she changed her married name of Cyndy Garvey to her maiden name, Truhan.
Cyndy was a couple with Steve Garvey from the time they met in Michigan State University in 1969. They were a highly attractive couple, the image of wholesome young success. They married and Steve rose rapidly as a star with the Los Angeles Dodgers. They had two daughters, Krishna and Whitney.
However their separation in 1981 became increasingly ugly. When Cindy found a notebook in Steve's office that detailed his dalliance with his secretary, she began to do damage. Lots of damage. With a ball bat she started on the pictures on the wall then the plaques, statuettes and awards, leaving a pile of debris. In December 1996 she began filing police reports, claiming that someone left flowers and notes on her car, marked her front door with an X and had accosted her on the street, biting her on the ear. The police were suspicious of the reports and on 1/08/1997, brought her in for questioning.
She admitted that she had lied and that actually, she was the one who had been harassing an ex-beau, restaurateur Hans Rockenwagner. When he had broken off their two-year relationship on 10/18/1996, she made a suicide attempt with codeine and Valium. Rockenwagner found her unconscious at home and called 911. None too gratefully or gracefully, Cyndy began her campaign of harassing Hans, stealing his address book, canceling plane reservations, and "tipping" off customs agents that he was suspicious, leading to a strip-search. Cyndy claimed a major clinical depression for which she was taking medication. Today, both Garvey and Rockenwagner have restraining orders against the petite, 95 lb Truhan.
When Steve Garvey remarried in 1989, Cyndy called to deliver a death threat to him and Candace. Cyndy has described Garvey as a "sociopath" during their ten-year marriage who was unfaithful, leaving two women filing paternity suits.
A beautiful blonde, Cyndy is smart, attractive and talented. After her 1981 separation from Steve she built a career of being a victim. For a while she was on a TV talk show, co hosting "A.M. Los Angeles" with Regis Philbin 1978-81 and co hosting KCAL's "Live in L.A." in 1993. Her social life included high profile, sophisticated beaus, however her intense mood-swings made her a difficult companion, and when their was a break-up, it became a nightmare of harassment that included assault and battery. She gained the reputation of being a "Fatal Attraction" girl-friend.
In 1989 she published her tell-all book, "The Secret Life of Cyndy Garvey." In her book she describes a traumatic childhood, claiming that her dad belittled, beat and emotionally abused her. Her mom had a psychotic breakdown when she was 46. As an adult, Cyndy went intermittently into therapy. In 1995, she broke up violently with her younger daughter, cursing and berating her for having seen her dad.
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1969 (With Steve Garvey)
- Work : New Job 1978 ("A.M. Los Angeles" program with Regis Philbin)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1981 (Seperated from Steve)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Her autobiography)
- Social Crime Perpetration 1989 (Death threat to ex-husband and new wife)
- Work : New Job 1993 (Host of "Live in L.A." program)
- Other Family 1995 (Broke up violently with daughter)
Dana Haynes quotes her, client
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Traits : Body : Size (Petite)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Intermittent therapy)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Anti-social Personality (Violent, destructive episodes)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Family : Relationship : Divorce bitter
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Steve Garvey)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Husband had affairs while they were married)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Social crime/ delinquent (Restraining orders against her)
- Personal : Death : Suicide Attempt (With drugs)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Two live talk shows)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker